When the time comes to choose the soap you will use to clean your body, you are faced with endless options.
It can be difficult to know what soap is best for your skin.
Hemp soap is made from hemp seed oil, a substance which has been used for hundreds of years for the treatment of various skin conditions and overall skin upkeep.
Adding this soap to your hygiene routine could offer many benefits.
Table of Contents
How is Hemp Soap Made?
The process of making hemp soap is a simple one that you could do in the comfort of your own home.
Before beginning the process of making hemp soap, you need to be sure that you have the necessary ingredients.
You will need the following items:
- Hemp seed oil.
- Sodium Hydroxide.
- Coconut oil.
There are a number of other ingredients you may choose to add to your recipes such as oat flour, crushed hemp meal, olive oil, and vitamin E extract.
These additions to your recipe depend on the end result you’re after.
Other than the main ingredients, you will need a few important pieces of equipment including:
- Measuring cup.
- Kitchen scale.
- Cooking Thermometer.
- Silicone cake molds.
- Wooden spoon and whisk.
- Safety Goggles.
When you have gathered all of the equipment and ingredients you will need to make your hemp soap, these are the steps you will follow:
- The first thing you need to do is melt the coconut oil and then allow it to cool until it reaches 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the hemp reaches the desired temperature, create a mixture of the water and sodium hydroxide overheat. Then allow the mixture to cool to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Proceed by combining the coconut oil and the water and sodium hydroxide mixture. Then stir the combination over a period of 2 hours.
- Pay close attention as the ‘trace’ approaches. The trace is the stage of soapmaking when oils and water have mixed completely and can no longer be separated.
- Just before the trace is reached, add the hemp seed oil and extra ingredients such as oat flour or hemp meal. You can also add extra essential oils for scent at this point of the process.
- When the trace is reached, pour the mixture into the cake molds and insulate the mixture for a period of 24 hours.
- After 24 hours has passed, uncover the mixture and let it cool for 12 hours. When your soap blocks are close to being cool, you can add decorative items like flowers or shells. Hemp soap makes an excellent gift.
- When your mixture is cooled, remove it from the molds, cut it into the shapes you want, and let your soap dry for 3 to 4 weeks for best results.
Make sure that you allow your hemp soap to sit for a few weeks before using it to ensure that all traces of lye are fully removed.
What are the Benefits and Advantages of using Hemp Soap over other Soaps?
To make the switch from the soap you normally use to hemp soap, there must be a good reason. The truth is that there are many reasons why you may want to consider switching to hemp soap.
The most important benefits of using hemp soap are:
one of the main advantages of using hemp soap compared to common antibacterial soaps is that hemp soap does not contain a chemical called triclosan.
This ingredient dries out your skin. Even if you wash your face with hemp soap you will not experience the tight feeling that is present with other soaps because hemp soap is made with hemp seed oil and does not strip your skin of its natural oils.
Your skin will be left feeling soft and healthy.
Works Well for Shaving
if you’re tired of using both a soap and shaving cream, then hemp soap is the right option for you.
You may be surprised to learn that when you use hemp soap for shaving, you will be left with a longer-lasting shave and your razors will maintain their effectiveness for a longer period of time.
Make sure that you invest in a quality shaving brush so that you can create a lather with your hemp soap, as this is how you will get the best shave.
Essential Fatty Acids
Hemp soap doesn’t just leave your skin feeling healthy, it actually provides it with the essential fatty acids it needs to glow.
The essential fatty acids that are found in hemp soap are instrumental in improving skin conditions such as eczema or rosacea. The essential fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties which will help to soothe skin irritation.
if you have spent a bit too much time in the sun, your hemp soap will help you deal with the consequences. The hemp seed oil has an SPF of 6 and can be used to soothe sunburns.
When using hemp soap, you will find that your first shower after a sunburn is much less painful than usual.
For Everyone to Use
The best feature of hemp soap is that it is suitable for all skin types.
Whether you have oily or dry skin, hemp soap will keep your skin healthy and even provide anti-aging benefits because of the free radicals.
Hemp soap can be used by people of all ages including children.
If you’re looking to have healthy skin that is moisturized, soft, and glowing, you should try hemp soap. This natural soap is a safer alternative to commonly used soaps.
You can even make your own at home! When you choose to use hemp soap, you are not only improving the quality of the product you use to clean your skin, but also contributing to a more environmentally friendly method of body washing.
So, if you’re ready to make the switch, check out some of the pre-made hemp soaps on the market and take your pick.